Intellectual Property Management & Licensing
Professional services to identify and protect the intellectual property value of your research.
As your steward, we will ensure that the intellectual property (IP) protects your rights as the inventor(s), aligns with the University of Calgary's IP Policy.
- Assessment of Commercial Potential
- Intellectual Property Landscaping and Market Analysis
- Licensing and Negotiation (Exclusive and non-exclusive)
- Express Licensing
- Patent Management (preparation, filing and prosecution)
- Active Liaison for the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) and
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Handling of Legal and Administrative Expenses (associated with patent filing
Company Formation Support Services & Programs
In some cases, researchers may form a new business (startup) based on their research.
A startup's success is not solely based on the innovation or technology. It takes business acumen and entrepreneurial skill to launch and sustain a successful business.
We work with multiple organizations that support the advancement of university-based companies.
We can help identify the appropriate funding opportunities to advance your research. We also support the application process for a variety of funding and grant programs.
- Letters of support
- Assistance with completing sections relating to commercial viability
- Assistance with completing sections relating to the intellectual property landscape
Access to mentorship and coaching from top entrepreneurs, opportunities to raise capital, prototype development, co-working and mechanical lab space.